There are 4 ways to make and enjoy fine Sencha.
One, Make Sencha for casual tea drinking, in where you
- put 9g (0.32oz) of tea leaves for a serving of 3 (180ml (6.09oz) of water) into your tea pot.
- pour boiling water into the tea cups.
- wait for 10 to 15 seconds, pour the tea contents into the tea pot. Brew time is 60 seconds.
- Make sure you pour all of the Sencha tea into the cups, including the last drop!
To enjoy the full potential of Sencha in the Sencha ceremony style
(*note there are many styles, and this is only one of them)
- use a smaller teapot and smaller cups. Use 6g (0.21 oz) of tealeaves for a serving of three
- use 75ml (2.53oz) of hot water cooled to 70℃ (158ºF)
- brew for 60 to 70 seconds.
The 3rd way to make Sencha teais a summer treat.
- Use 6g (0.21oz) of Sencha tea leaves in a smaller Kyusu (teapot).
- then fill the kyusu with ice (for good ice, boil water for 5 min, cool it, and make the ice cubes using that water).
- Make sure you pack as much ice in there as possible! Let the ice melt.
- Once most of the ice has melted, your tea is ready to drink (this will make two small servings).
The final way to Make Sencha
- use 15g of Sencha tea leaves, and put it in a 1 liter (33.8oz) pitcher or water bottle.
- Fill the bottle or pitcher with water (33.8oz).
- put it in the refrigerator over night.
- In the morning, you will have some amazing ice cold Sencha.